Thursday, November 27, 2008

Crying it out

Well, it was HARD, but tonite we let Kensie cry it out. She was screaming when I closed her door, and as I came downstairs I was a bit teary myself. But within 4 minutes (I kid you not) she was asleep! (Cue the Hallelujah music). After 20 minutes she did wake up and scream for about 10 minutes, but we left her and she put herself to sleep again.

* Sigh * This is a good day, indeed! Let's just hope this isn't a one-time thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it worked. I hope that the rest of the night went smoothly. It is sooo hard to let them cry but most of the time it works!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to leave my name. I guess I just thought that everyone would know who I was!
Elyse

Doug and Terrye said...

I know who Elyse is!!! And I'm glad that Kensie is learning to sleep :)

Aunt T

Paul S. said...

It is sooo hard for you moms, but I think that God gave us dads some kind of tolerance for it. "Just letting them cry" is about the only thing I was good at when Becca was really little.