My wonderful mom has always tried to convince me to develop a routine and stick to it. And I have always rebelled - I am way to cool for that nonsense! In my mind I am totally footloose and fancy free, but now I admit..... in real life I cannot thrive without at least a general schedule. I have struggled the past few weeks to get Kensie in a groove & in doing so, I stressed myself out. (Has any newborn ever accepted a routine?) In frustration, I finally just gave up completely and stayed in pjs for 4 days straight.
So today I decided to break free!!!! No more getting depressed because it was noon and I still needed a shower. No more clock watching! I just said "No matter what time it is, next time Kensie is done nursing I'll do x, y, and z". It worked! I got dressed (hair, makeup, and all), cleaned 3 bathrooms, did laundry, cleaned out the fridge, and organized some baby stuff. Let me tell you what.... A CLEAN HOUSE IS A HAPPY HOUSE!!!! To celebrate my return to the living, my mom came for a visit (and brought cheesecake :-) ) and then Kensie & I met Jason at the mall for some shopping. All in all, it was a wonderful day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I took some video of Kensie waking up last night for a feeding. Her faces crack me up, and she goes through a 20 minute wake up routine every time. As you can tell, she does not like waking up, and fights it tooth and nail. She is definitely her parents' child.
This first video, notice at the end how she practically sits up by herself. I had to stop the video so I could catch her before she fell forward!
If you have sound, turn it up, it makes the yawn in the second video cuter.

1 comment:
GO MOM!!! :) (Now, which mom did I mean? You or your mom? Or Both? Yeah, that's it...both!)
love ya kiddo!
Aunt T
Post a Comment