I had such a nice surprise when I went to the mailbox today.... a birthday card from "Mackensie". It's my first ever "Mommy" card, and it touched my heart. I am not sure who sent it, as there is no return address; the card is postmarked St. Pete and I don't recognize the handwriting. But to whomever sent it: "Thank you". It was sweet & lovely.
Unfortunately I also got a not so lovely surprise - when I had finished unloading the car & taking care of all the groceries today, I checked my email. Jason had sent me a note this morning (to avoid waking me up in case I was still sleeping). The message: "Hey Baby, if you go to the store today, I need something to take to the team meeting tomorrow for our Thanksgiving lunch." Oh geez. Why is it that husbands seem to remember these things about 2 hours too late? I guess it's good practice for when Kensie gets older.... I can hear it now: Mom, I know it's 7pm, but I've got a math project due tomorrow and need graph paper.....

No comments:
Post a Comment