Sunday, December 28, 2008

Catching Up - Part III

Christmas with the entire Lewis clan - 12/27/08

This year we met at Debbie's house for Christmas. It was a bittersweet gathering, and we were missing the Bartow/Lakeland half of the Lewis'. Unfortunately, Jason's Uncle Glenn (his dad's brother) passed away suddenly on Christmas Day. So if you could remember the Lewis family in your prayers, I would appreciate it. They need comfort and peace right now. The services will be tomorrow (Monday).

Anyway, we really did have a nice time gathering together, here are some pictures to prove it:


This is the tree before Granny and Papa showed up with a vanload of gifts.... and when I tell you 1/3 of those gifts were for Mackensie, I am not exaggerating. She made out BIG TIME! You'd think it was her first Christmas and she was the first niece/granddaughter or something.


This picture of Jesse & I will be one of my life-time favorites. Wanna know why? A few days ago, Jesse and Jason were talking on the phone, and Jesse mentioned that he was at his mom's wrapping all his gifts. Me being me, I yelled out that he'd better do a good job wrapping my gift, cause I won't accept a gift that isn't beautifully decorated. I should have known better; since when has Jesse ever done what he was told? When he pulled my gift out from under the tree, I thought we'd never stop laughing. Apparently Debbie helped make this gift the most hideous gift ever; she dug out her duct tape, electrical tape, and the ugliest bow a Christmas gift has ever seen. So when I am 80 years old and telling my grandkids about my favorite Christmas moments, this will certainly be one of them.


Jason, the artist, with 2 of his nephews and the artwork he gave them for Christmas.


Three Generations



Relaxing after the meal and gifts. Caleb must have been telling me something very important, look how serious I am!

This is another nephew, Joshua, who made quite the fashion statement.... look at his foot. Yes, that's a stocking.


Lastly, check out these pj's from Uncle Brenda & Aunt AJ - they may be pj's but I'm thinking she'll have to wear them when we go to Disney one day. ADORABLE! (The aunt/uncle mixup is an inside joke, for those of you not with us yesterday.)


That, ladies and gentlemen, is our Christmas week. I can't believe it's finally over. I think it was the best Christmas ever.


And now comes the task of taking down all the Christmas decorations. Or I could spend the day in bed catching up on all the tv shows on our DVR - wanna place a bet on what I end up doing?

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

So sorry for the Lewis' loss :(

We will certainly be praying for the entire family

Aunt T