To prove to any potential employers that I am, indeed, a successful procrastinator, I have spent the afternoon on the couch watching the Hallmark Channel. I have justified this couch potato-ness by telling myself I'm being a good mom, here on the couch close by in case Kensie wakes up fussy again. We wouldn't want her to wake up alone, crying, because then I'd have to use my retirement money on her therapy sessions.
Why is it that whenever we want, need, or expect a baby to sleep for a 2-4 hour stretch, the opposite happens? I spent all morning comforting my fussy baby girl, so when she fell asleep at 2:45 I thought for sure it was all a trick. I left her on the ottoman and stayed downstairs, ready to tend to her when she woke up screaming. Here it is 5:08, and this is what she's doing:
Lest you think I do nothing with my time, I need to share that we had a jam packed weekend.
- Friday: Jason's sister came for lunch, then Jason, Kensie & I went out and finished our Christmas shopping.
- Saturday: Kensie went to her first theme park (Busch Gardens) on Saturday and had a great time (although I forgot my camera, drats!!!) My high-school friend had a free ticket, so we enjoyed the day out. Jason got to enjoy guy heaven, aka: a girl-free day full of football & awesome tickets to the Lightning game.
- Sunday: Housework, and then friends over for dinner. Rich & Candice have an 18 month old who is just the cutest little boy ever, literally... his picture is up on the wall at Glamour Shots.

2 comments:
Those darn kids! Can't they read their schedules?
Aunt T
Kensie looks just plain pooped out! After that weekend, you both deserve an afternoon "off"! Just try to avoid making a habit out of it:)
Love, Mom
Post a Comment