Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Visiting Santa?

In line to see Santa
So you'll notice that the title of the blog has a question mark after it, and I bet you wonder why. See that toddler-size, cute, smiling face in the picture above? It wasn't happy too much longer. What Santa and his helpers at the mall don't understand is that when you put several dressed up children in line for several minutes and tell them don't move, don't slober on yourself, stand still, sit down, and do it all without any entertainment... you get a meltdown. Of course, my nephew is too cute and well behaved for a meltdown in public, but there were some other meltdowns happening!!! Hayden did start getting fussy, and we decided it just wasn't worth it, and we left. Which was fine by me, because once I saw the cost of having your picture taken with Santa, I've decided that we're too poor to let Kensie believe in Santa Claus.

Hayden has finally started to warm up to Mackensie just a bit more, as long as she isn't crying. And the blue streak on the right side of the picture is Amy's leg, rushing in to ensure that no babies were harmed in the taking of this photograph. Apparently Hayden's fingers were getting dangerously close to Kensie's eyes, and I, being the great photographer and bad mother that I am, was not even paying attention to that minor detail.

I know this isn't the best quality picture, but it's so stinking cute!

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

Hey! That big guy can be rather scary...until you think about the presents he brings ;)

We found out that no one is in line when they first open up.