Thursday, December 11, 2008

Visits, Wal-Mart, and Organizing

I had an appt in Tampa yesterday, so I decided to swing by my office for a visit. I really enjoyed seeing all my friends at the office - I miss you guys! (Almost miss you enough to come back to work - almost, but not quite!)

So after our office visit we went to Wal-Mart. I never come away from this store happy. But I always go back, presumably to save some money. Although I am wondering if maybe my sanity isn't more valuable?

Anyway, since you always find things at Wal-Mart that you can't live without but you never even knew you needed.... I was carrying ALL OF THIS from the store to my car, by myself.

I had to steer the cart w/my elbow while I carried the two red-topped storage containers, while stopping every 10 feet to pick up the long storage bin and toilet paper which had fallen from the cart to the ground, while trying to shield my daughter's eyes from the bright sun. Did I mention it was 80 degrees and I was in a sweater?

Why didn't I ask for help or make 2 trips, you ask? Cause I like a challenge. And cause I need to lose another 12 pounds. I'm calling this my Rubbermaid excersise program. Look for me on the 3am infomercials.

Wouldn't you know that as soon as I stop at my car, I see a car with it's blinker on. Now if you saw me, in a parking space that's maybe a 6.5 on a scale of 10, and I had all this stuff to load up, would you stop and wait? Well she did. So being the nice person that I am, I try to hurry. I literally had something going in every door and in my trunk, so I'm running around my car and back to the cart like a maniac. I finally pull out of the space, crank the air, take my sweater off, and tell Kensie "let's pray we don't get pulled over since I'm in nothing but a camisole". After about a mile, I realize that in all the hussle bussle I forgot to actually buckle Kensie into her carseat. So I had to pull over, get dressed, and buckle her in. WHEW!!!!! Next time someone wants my space, they will just have to wait.

Fast-forward a couple hours: I get home, I get everything unloaded from the car, and immediately I need to start organizing. Doesn't matter that I have a husband to feed and housework to do and it's 7pm already. There is something about the smell of plastic that just gets my blood going.


This was unfortunate. I am going to introduce Rubbermaid to Santa's Workbench. Maybe once the company big wigs meet, they can coordinate the sizes of their storage bins and paper rolls. Until then, I will just use up the longer rolls so that one day the lid will fit and then my life will be complete.


This, however, is bliss. Do you know what it means that my boxes, tissue paper, bags, bows & ribbons are sorted by color, size, and occasion? Jason wasn't too excited, so can someone out there appreciate how nice it is to have a "gift wrap station", even if it is in the nursery closet?



Hayden is coming tomorrow, and he's bringing his Mommy and Daddy! I will definitely post pictures of their sweet faces once they're in town.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soo have been there done that! Why I think that I can make a "quick stop at Wal-Mart" just to pick up a few things I just don't know. I'm so glad that you were able to get things organized. See, your trip to Wal-Mart was worth everything!

Anonymous said...

It's no wonder you have days you can't move-You use up ALL of your reserve energy at once!! You have always been the "great little organizer"! Mom

Doug and Terrye said...

Omgoodness!!! What day can you come over and whip my unorganzied stuff into shape?

Aunt T