Today I had the priviledge of working at the Make-A-Wish "Holiday Shop" at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital. The Holiday Shop was set up to provide all the patients an opportunity to shop for gifts for their parents & siblings. They also got to have their pic taken with Santa and get their own present. I worked on collecting donations for this event last year, but was unable to attend. I was so excited to help out today, and was very blessed & humbled by the experience. I am amazed at the generosity of those in my community; we had 5 or 6 trucks/SUV's/vans *FULL* of gifts. But all those gifts needed to be loaded and unloaded, and man, was it a workout! :-)
I can't express how touching it is to see so many sick, hurting children and their parents, to imagine their fear, heartache, and struggle. Tonite (and for many more nites to come) I will give Kensie extra kisses, and I will pray for these families and the wonderful hospital staff that care for them.
I can't express how touching it is to see so many sick, hurting children and their parents, to imagine their fear, heartache, and struggle. Tonite (and for many more nites to come) I will give Kensie extra kisses, and I will pray for these families and the wonderful hospital staff that care for them.

No comments:
Post a Comment