Thursday, January 1, 2009

I made it past midnight!

I hear something exciting will happen tonight at midnight?!?!


We may look a bit (okay, a lot) tired, but we're gonna make it to midnight, or else!


The infamous ball drop... starting the countdown...


Happy 2009!!!!!!!



All bundled up to step outside and say hello to neighbors and see fireworks. (Not only are we up past midnight, but we're socializing, too. How about that?)



Kensie was awake just long enough to ring in her first New Year, then it was back to sleep.

Tonight was very quiet, which is just what the doctor ordered. Jason and I had dinner & a nice visit at my parent's house, and then came home to ring in 2009 cuddled up on the couch. Mackensie had fallen asleep, but I couldn't let her miss her first new year, so I snuck her back downstairs for the countdown. :-)
It's too late for me to get sentimental, but I pray you have a blessed and prosperous New Year. I know Jason and I are looking forward to all the great moments 2009 is sure to bring!

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

Think of all that 2008 brought, and you can only imagine what 2009 will bring :)

Aunt T