Monday, March 29, 2010

MacDill Air Show - 3/20/10

If you have never been to an airshow before, it is a must see. But fair warning: you cannot just hop in and out in an hour or two. No siree, ladies and gents. You need an hour or two just to drive onto base and wait in line @ the gate. Then you need another hour to wait in line to step onto the most awesome plane ever. Then you need another hour of fighting traffic to get from base to the Crosstown. Other than that, every second is a blast! ;)

If you recall, the weekend of the airfest was our first normal-Florida-weather weekend, so we really didn't mind standing in line. We were just glad to be in the sun, feeling like we didn't want to die or throw up (me), and enjoying the sights and sounds of the airshow.

I have officially added "fly with the Blue Angels" to my bucket list.

I created a bucket list just so I could put "fly with the Blue Angels" at the top of the list.

If any of you know anyone that knows a Blue Angel, please hook a sister up.

Now, on to the pictures. We took almost 200. Yes, 2-0-0. No, there's nothing wrong with us. We just wanted to share as much as possible. Don't worry, the slide show contains much less than 1/2 that amount. But feel free to come over for a private 200picture screening and flight lesson - we are prepared.

P.S. - A note to my mom, who likes all pictures blown up so as to see every detail of her beautiful grandbabies: if you double-click on the slideshow below, it will open in a new window, larger, and you can pause it if you want. xo xo xo

1 comment:

I'm Erin. said...

Hey Beth, Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!
It's nice to "meet" you ;)
I can see the resemblance between you and Amy. Your little girl is too cute :)
Let me just say that I am jealous of your proximity to Disney World. I love that place!
Oh, and I can't help you with the Blue Angels, but I do know a Thunderbird!
And a really hot F-15 pilot ;) But he's taken!