It's been almost a month since my last post, and it's been a busy one! Unfortunately, I have been slacking on the blog because generally I either (a) forget my camera or (b) can't get Kensie to stand still long enough to capture a decent shot. However, I will do my best to update you on the happenings of the Lewis family.

On 5-20-10 we had a sonogram and learned that we are having another girl! Then we went to Disney for the afternoon/evening to celebrate. Can you tell by the surprised expression on my face that I was expecting a boy?!?! I think my eyes looked like that for a few days. I am over the shock, and looking forward to meeting Zoe Belle on/about 9-29-10.

Kensie's been getting in a lot of pool time. It makes her tremendously happy, and is a nice relief from the hotter-than-I've-ever-experienced-in-my-Florida-existence summer heat. Plus, with a bathing suit that cute, who wouldn't want to wear it every day? It's got ruffles on the backside, too. =)

Kensie seems to think she's bigger/older than she really is. It's cute now, but heaven help us if she's still like this once we hit the teenage years. She loves to wear daddy's shirts and mommy's shoes. Strange combination, but hey, it makes her happy.

This has only happened once, but it was the most peaceful 1.5 minutes I've had in months.

Here she is playing with her new BFF, Maya, from across the street. We've babysat this cutie pie a few times to give her mom a much needed break while her Daddy is deployed. Kensie gets so excited when we tell her Maya is coming over. As a matter of fact, her first 2-word sentence was "Maya's coming!!!!!"


The only reason she was standing still long enough for this pic was because her favorite show, Wonder Pets, was on tv.

And here, a 5 min. rest for Cheerios and snuggle time with Daddy on the couch.

Isn't this a cute blanket? My friend/co-worker made it for Mackensie, saying that even if Jason is going to be surrounded by girls, there's no reason one can't be a cool rockstar!
THIS PICTURE is a good description of our life right now.... chasing a daredevil in an attempt to prevent unnecessary falls, bruises, broken bones, etc. For the record, she put that step stool on top of the storage bin *by herself* and the proceeded to climb on top of it *by herself*.


Dear Dr. Bob,
When we bring Kensie in looking like she got beat up, please do not call social services. Please just say a prayer for 2 parents that have a very difficult time keeping their child on ground level.
Thank you.
1 comment:
When we told Grace Zoe Belle's name she was a bit upset that her parents weren't as imaginative. She would really like to have been named: Ariel Tinkerbell Cinderella Uniqua Curley Shirley. Oh well...congrats on sweet little girl #2!
Post a Comment