Jason and I went to Ochos Rios, Jamaica, with Jason's brother and his family, to witness his nephew's wedding. We stayed at the Sandals Dunn's River Falls Resort, which was unlike anything I could have possibly imagined. Jason and I have never experienced an "all-inclusive" resort before, and I am telling you now, I don't know how I will ever be satisfied with a Holiday Inn again.
So sit back, relax, feel the island breeze in your hair, the sun in your face, and an ice cold drink in your hand. This my friends, is proof that even us regular folks can escape every now and again!
Now that all the romantic wedding stuff is out of the way.... here's a view from Tim's room.

To prove that the above picture is NOT a postcard but was in fact, our reality, here is a pic of Jaosn and I on said balcony:

And don't think that Tim had the only room with a view. On the contrary, we were spoiled with a view of the hills, which lit up beautifully at night with lights from the Jamaican's windows. We fell asleep each night and awoke each morning to the lulling sound of tropical birds.
We spent most of our time in one of 3 pools.... tucked away in the corner, it was dubbed the Lewis pool.
The Tree Bar
Dinner @ the Japanese Steakhouse

View from the boat when we went snorkeling
I only wish Jason had captured my flippers in this picture. They really did complete the outfit.
Jason got on the boat with us, too! Although he didn't go snorkeling. Baby steps.
Glad Jason didn't go snorkeling, or else he would have gotten this shot of our bottoms up!

I was very happy to have successfully snorkeled and made it back to the boat. Don't tell Jason, but I was pretty scared out there! And it was quite a workout to keep up with the guide... I didn't want him out of my sight. :)
Our last night there, the resort threw a party for us. (Not really, but it's nice to think so.) We had dinner on the beach, followed by a show. It was a fun last hoorah!

And I know you are all wondering how Mackensie is. She really picked up on walking, cut two more teeth (for a total of 8!), and had her first cold/virus.... all in the 5 days that we were gone. I am sad that I missed it, but I know Jason and I really benefited from the time away. Special thanks to my Mom and all the other family members that took such good care of her. Our time away wouldn't have been at all fun if we were worried about our baby.
Check back tomorrow for a post completely devoted to all things Kensie!!!!
To prove that the above picture is NOT a postcard but was in fact, our reality, here is a pic of Jaosn and I on said balcony:
And don't think that Tim had the only room with a view. On the contrary, we were spoiled with a view of the hills, which lit up beautifully at night with lights from the Jamaican's windows. We fell asleep each night and awoke each morning to the lulling sound of tropical birds.
I was very happy to have successfully snorkeled and made it back to the boat. Don't tell Jason, but I was pretty scared out there! And it was quite a workout to keep up with the guide... I didn't want him out of my sight. :)
We also visited Dunns River Falls, which was the most amazing tour on our trip. We didn't bring our camera that day, but once I get pics from others I will post.
Our last night there, the resort threw a party for us. (Not really, but it's nice to think so.) We had dinner on the beach, followed by a show. It was a fun last hoorah!
And I know you are all wondering how Mackensie is. She really picked up on walking, cut two more teeth (for a total of 8!), and had her first cold/virus.... all in the 5 days that we were gone. I am sad that I missed it, but I know Jason and I really benefited from the time away. Special thanks to my Mom and all the other family members that took such good care of her. Our time away wouldn't have been at all fun if we were worried about our baby.
Check back tomorrow for a post completely devoted to all things Kensie!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment