Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mt. Home Part II

Here are the remaining highlights of our trip to Mt. Home. We had a great time, and Kensie did very well traveling (especially since the trip home was 15 1/2 hours door to door). Of course, all the passengers thought she was too cute, and the gentleman behind us on one flight kept her entertained for hours, making faces and clapping, much to Kensie's delight. (I still owe him big time.... that was a 3.5 hour flight, and Kensie was getting restless!)

Jason and I had many adventures while in Boise. Jason and Matt golfed a total of 27 holes, and Jason only lost 10 balls or so. Big accomplishment, if you ask me! Between actual golf games at real-life golf courses the guys played Tiger Woods on the X-Box for hours. Amy and I came home one afternoon, the guys sitting where we had left them, controllers in hand. The babies had woken from their naps and were happily playing, with stomachs empty and diapers full. But they were all having such a great time, who could get mad?

Amy has started a new hobby of indoor rock climbing, and I was anxious to try. It was a lot of fun, but suprisingly very scary. Here's a link to the gym that we went to:
http://www.boisepeakfitness.com/indexpub.htm
Notice how high the walls are; 40ft, to be exact. Mentally I knew that I was attached to a rope and perfectly safe, but my body had a difficult time comprehending that fact. I do believe I screamed like a girl at least once. I only climbed the easy routes, but I made it to the top several times, which was success enough for me!

As families we went to the Farmers Market in downtown Boise, and enjoyed all the fresh foods. Boise is quite a nice capital, with lots of fun stuff to do. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so you'll have to take my word for it.

We also went to the park, even though it was close to or at 100 degrees.


Hayden and Kensie got to take a bubble bath (it was Kensie's first). It seemed like such a milestone, and I know we are going to humiliate the kids with these pics one day:



Hayden and Kensie had such a fun time playing together. Jason often puts Kensie on his shoulders, and once she was there, Hayden had to join in the fun:

(disclaimer: Hayden was NOT naked, although it appears so from this pic) :)

We also visited the sand dunes and took a small hike; Amy and I climbed one of the smaller dunes, then we had a pinic by the lake.



One day Matt was stuck at work but the rest of us took a morning trip to the hot springs. Not only did we enjoy the soothing water, we were awed at the scenery we passed along the way.


This, by far, was the best scenery of the trip. I'd go anywhere you want to take me, as long as I'm sitting between these two precious faces:




The Lewis family had such a WONDERFUL time visiting the Rogers family. Amy and Matt were so hospitable (well, Matt was a bit rude when the girls KICKED the boys butt at Hand and Foot, but I'll chalk that up to poor sportsmanship. LOL)
We made memories on this trip that will last a lifetime, and even though it took me several days at home to recuperate, I can hardly wait for our next adventurous trip to see them. Here's to hoping that the next visit will be somewhere exciting.... snowboarding in Colorado? Hula-ing in Hawaii? Foogy streets of London? Only time will tell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see our "growing family" having such a great time together and out for adventures! But, can we PLEASE keep it a little closer to home, at least for awhile longer?!! :)