Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crawling by to say "Hi!"

It seems I start all my blogs this way lately... sorry for not posting sooner! As you all know, life gets hectic some times! Jason's been working a lot of OT, which means my evenings after work are non-stop. Weekends have been busy with family stuff. I did actually sneak away to a movie this morning with the girls, though, so that was nice. We saw a 10:40 show. There was a time in my life when I wasn't even awake at 10:40 am on the weekend, and now I'm showing up at AMC!

We have begun packing for a trip to Mt. Home, ID this week!!! Whenever I mention this to anyone, the first question is always "What's in Idaho?" Not much, to be truthful, except for my adventurous nephew, and his Mommy and Daddy. I can hardly wait to see Hayden and Kensie playing together. I know we're all going to enjoy our visit.

Kensie is up and crawling, and has been for a couple of weeks. She loves to find anything within reach that she's not supposed to have, and it's been a challenge to remember to pick up after myself. Can't even kick off my shoes when I walk in the door. We're trying to define her boundaries, and teach her the word no. But whenever I say "no" or smack her hand, all I get in return is a big grin. I think she knows that deep down inside I'm a big softie that would much rather kiss her cheeks instead of discipline her.

Kensie's personality is really starting to shine, and it's so exciting to see what new "discoveries" she has made each day. Yesterday we gave her Gerber Puffs (kinda like Cheerios) for the first time. She would grab at least one in each hand, look at it, put it in her mouth, and then look back at her hand, wondering where it went. Then a few minutes later she'll pull the soggy mess out of her mouth, and you can tell she's thinking: "There it went, I found it!"


Today we had another first - the highchair. (Up until now we've been using the Bumbo seat.) It was a bit challenging, because all she wanted to do was bang on the tray. One we removed it, she was able to focus on eating.
Why is it that babies love banging on flat surfaces? Kensie loves to crawl to the sliding door or the dishwasher, pull up on her knees, and just bang and bang. Hey, whatever keeps her entertained!



Kensie has been snubbing green veggies lately; today she decided that her foot was much tastier than those yucky green beans I was offering.


Remember what I said about banging flat surfaces? Here she is, caught in the act! Or is she trying to find a way out, looking for a place to stay where green beans aren't on the menu?!?!

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

You just tell her that Aunt T doesn't make anybody eat green beans ;) (except for Grace haha)