Sunday, 3/16 - we were just ending our walk when we saw the Space Shuttle launch. Don't you love living in Florida? It had all but disappeared by the time I grabbed the camera, but as you can see, the sun was setting, and it was beautiful.
A wee little lassie, fashionably celebrating her first St. Patty's day, courtesy of Aunt Amy.
Sadly, on Sunday, we received word that my maternal grandmother was ill, and hospitalized. She passed early Wednesday morning. The past week has been an absolute blur. Fortunately, Mackensie got to meet her great-grandma just a few weeks ago. I will always regret that they met only once, but whenever Grandma called my mom, she always asked after "her baby".Please keep my family in your prayers.


The only good thing about funerals is that is brings family together. Amy and Hayden flew in on Thursday, and it was so comforting to have them here with us. I know my mom especially got much joy from these two grandbabies of hers!
My mom & Henry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Today was a fun day. Jason and I headed out to Crystal Springs, to celebrate his parent's Golden Anniversary. That's 50 years, folks. What a great testament of love, to see Momma & Papa Lewis together and happy, surrounded by their 5 kids and all their families. Of course, I can only wish that I will be blessed enough to one day celebrate 50 years of having my wonderful husband by my side.





1 comment:
Thank you for the wonderful "catch up." First let me say that I am very sorry for your family's loss, I know that you were looking forward to spending more time with your Grandma. We are praying for all of you.
Also, I saw the launch!!! How exciting to see our space program up close and personal (well sorta). Did you hear it reneter the atmosphere yesterday...boom..boom!!!!
And I believe that you and Jason are following suit of both sets of parents...I see you having a rip-roaring 50th :)
love,
Aunt T
Post a Comment