Saturday, March 14, 2009

Where'd my newborn Kensie go?





Sorry for the delay in posting, especially since the last picture posted was one of Kensie crying. I know how traumatic that can be for some (sorry, grandma!). But that darn time change, it really wasn't fair! It's taken a whole week to recover.

Anyway, we have had such fun getting to know Mackensie lately. Her personality is blossoming, and she is such hoot! She is especially growing into her role as Daddy's little girl. There are days were all she has to do is catch a glimpse of him across the room and she smiles! Jason even commented the other day that he is glad we had a girl (those of you that came anywhere near him early in my pregancy knew he was rooting for a boy).

I have been desperately trying to catch some of this personality on film or video, but by the time we grab the camera she's moved onto something else, either that or the light on the camera distracts her. Even so, I think you will enjoy the two videos posted below.

Kensie turned 5 months on Tuesday, and I cannot imagine life B.K. (before Kensie). What did we ever do with our time, and how did we ever get by without this love in our hearts, these smiles on our faces, this pure joy in our lives? (Well, actually if I must be honest, I can remember very clearly how wonderful it felt to sleep through the night, or how freeing it was to be able to wake up and leave the house in under an hour with nothing but a small purse. But I know those are small things that I will one day claim again as my own.)

Mackensie's had a few firsts recently:
  • First time finding her feet and playing with them (which adds a whole other obstacle to diaper changes, cause she won't let go!).
  • First time rolling from back to belly. It happened on Jason's day off, so he was here to witness it. He was so proud when he called me at work!
  • And a sad first, one which I honestly shed a few tears over: her first time growing out of an outfit. It's a onesie with feet, and when Kensie tried to stretch her legs, she ran out of room & her knees stayed bent. I tell myself it's not packed away yet because I'll wait until she outgrows all the newborn sizes and pack them all together. Secretly, though, I think that onesie will stay tucked away in the back corner of her dresser for some time to come.

Part of me rejoices in these firsts, and in the newness of every day, as we look forward to the future. But a big part of me is saddened that at 5 months Kensie is already growing way too fast, that before I know it she'll be walking and talking, scraping her knees and learning to become an independent person.





An aside: Do you see the black and white design and hearts on the edges of the blog? On my computer there is about a 2 inch decorative margin on each side, but on my work computer the blog has just a plain red background.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where has she gone? I could ask the same thing of her 29 yr. old mommy!!

Trust me though, there are Many more joys & Much more "love" to come!

Love, Mom :)

Doug and Terrye said...

Just watched the Bonanza/Kensie video. Beth, now you know what to do when you want to convince Jason to do something...make a squeaking noise, wrinkle up your face, and pretend to cry! :)

Aunt T

Anonymous said...

I can not believe the Kensie is 5 months old! I completely understand about them growing up and hitting all those firsts. I have shed tears over the smallest things! Yet it is so much fun to watch them grow and become this very beautiful little person. Thanks for sharing some of her everyday life with us!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Becca just watched the videos with me. She was giggling at Kensie and Jason on that last one!:)
Keep the videos coming!