Thursday, July 29, 2010

Organizing, Puking, and Tea Parties

Sorry blogging around here has been so sparse lately. If you wonder what we've been up to, our month is highlighted in the title of the blog. We've basically been getting ready and making room for Zoe to arrive, we've fought a nasty, nasty stomach bug, now I'm fighting a bad cold, wondering if I'll ever get off this couch, and enjoying the quiet together time that comes with everyone being too sick to leave the house.

My sister and nephew, Amy and Hayden, did make it into town mid-July. They left this morning for the first of many get-aways, and I am so bummed that me being sick took away from these last few days we would have had together. But we did have a couple of fun times together, and once I get those pics from Mom's camera I will share.

In the meantime.... here's what's been happening....

Jason tried to give Mackensie an early start in video games. Thankfully, she's not all too interested in sitting still that long.

Aunt T, this one's for you. Notice Jason's "hat". Kensie's still learning what all the pieces in a tea set are used for.

I'm going to frame this one, as one of my favorite family memories.


I cleaned out Kensie's closet.... can I get a "hip hip horray"? The fact that you can see the floor, and that Kensie and I both fit in the closet together, is a HUGE deal. Kensie was thrilled, for some weird reason, to be reunited with her infant car seat. But hey, it kept her occupied for a few minutes.


Speaking of keeping her occupied....

This empty box did the trick for quite some time! And it kept her contained, as well!

We normally allow Kensie run of the house. But when the house is full of clutter being sorted and reoganized, and in between the many trips to Goodwill, it's helpful to have corrals to keep toddlers out of mischief. Speaking of which, I need to go clean the blue and green mural off of the carpet. I always hoped for a child with artistic talent, but she's taking it a bit too far....
Let's hope life gets back to normal soon. =)

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

All this time I've been putting food on plates...now I know they are head adornments!!!